"The World's Oldest Triathlon®"
ABOUT THE RACE
- Eppie's Great Race® is known as "The World's Oldest Triathlon®" and the "No Swim" Triathlon and is the largest paddling event in the United States!
- Sacramento-area restauranteur/entrepreneur Eppie Johnson founded the event in 1974. It has been held every year since and is a Sacramento-area summertime tradition for elite athletes, fitness enthusiasts and families.
- The race features a 5.82-mile run, a 12.5-mile bike and a 6.35-mile paddle held along the scenic American River Parkway in Rancho Cordova and Sacramento.
- A concurrently held duathlon put on by Eppie's Great Race®, the U.S. Bank Kids Duathlon, is available to area youth.
- The event is presented by the Eppie's Great Race Foundation and the primary beneficiary is Sacramento County Therapeutic Recreation Services.