Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017
Come learn about recent U.S. Forest Service efforts to simplify the process for obtaining Forest Service (USFS) outfitter-guide permits!
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
From The Paddler's Point Of View
Can You See Me Now?
Safety, Visibility, And Rules
Maneuverability — A Mixed Blessing
From The Boater's Point Of View
Monday, August 21, 2017
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Kayaking is a fun activity that you can do with the entire family. You can also get a lot of benefits from kayaking frequently. For some people, it is a way of relaxation. They feel like they are less stressed out the moment they go out there on the waters to kayak.
Aside from relaxation, you will also have a physical activity that makes you lose weight gradually, but constantly. This is perfect for those who have weight issues. You don’t have to hit the gym just to lose weight. Instead, you can have a more fun alternative which is kayaking.
It is also good for the heart. It is a form of a cardiovascular exercise that increases heartbeat and regulates the flow of the blood throughout the body. Once you have seen the changes in your body, you will start feeling more positive about yourself.
You will feel good since you have started to lose weight and be in better shape. You will also find people who share the same passion. You can be with the same group of kayak lovers and meet on a regular basis.
These are just some of the reasons why you should try out kayaking. If you want to know more about kayaking and the list of benefits that you will get from the activity, just check the infographic below. Once you have started doing this activity, you will find yourself out in the waters. You will truly enjoy the activity.
Monday, May 29, 2017
ACA Outreach In China
In order to further the spread and promotion of paddlesports, and to advance the exchange and development of paddlesports between China and the USA, both parties held mutual and friendly consultation. By utilizing Zhejiang University’s hundred-year old educational influence, and American Canoe Association’s expertise in paddlesports, on the basis of the principles of “resource sharing”, “complementary advantages”, “emphasis on practical results”, “win-win cooperation”, both Parties have agreed to establish a stable and sustainable long-term partnership, and reached the following strategic partnership mutual understandings:
• Establish strategic partnership with the aim to keep it for the long term.
• Launch educational and instructional cooperation, ACA will assist Zhejiang University in establishing paddlesports curricula, the ACA will give its authorization to Zhejiang University to carry out ACA's existing paddlesports educational and instructional programs and establish an ACA accredited education and instruction headquarters on the Universities premises.
• Both Parties will provide each other with favorable conditions and treatment, forge a new developmental advantage, and work together to promote paddlesports in China’s schools.
Collegiate Exchange Program:
Saturday, May 27, 2017
ACA - LL Bean 2017 Grant Report
1st Annual Mother’s Day Weekend
Kids Creek / Grand Traverse Commons
May 13, 2017
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Saturday, March 4, 2017
- ► September (2)
- ► August (3)
- ► March (3)
- ► 2016 (123)
- ► 2015 (258)
- ► 2014 (287)
- ► 2013 (261)
- ► 2012 (268)
- ► 2011 (253)
- ► 2010 (195)
- ACA | Canoe - Kayak - SUP - Raft - Rescue
- Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
- The American Canoe Association (ACA) is a member-based 501(c)(3)non profit organization that promotes fun and responsible canoeing, kayaking, rafting and SUP. Founded in 1880, the ACA actively advocates recreational access and stewardship of America’s recreational water trails. For more information and to join, visit www.americancanoe.org.