You're making a big difference by supporting the ACA. Here are just a few of the things we've accomplished with your help in 2013:
- Actively supported public policy to clean up America's waterways and protect paddlers' rights. Most recently, the ACA played a major role in the state of Maryland agreeing to provide more public bridge access to paddlers. We are currently working with other states, encouraging them to follow suit.
- Designed the ACA Adaptive Paddling Summit (the first event of its kind), scheduled for September 15-17, 2014. The ACA continues to spearhead new initiatives to bring paddlesports into the lives of those with disabilities.
- Certified 1,800 new ACA instructors, reinforcing the Gold Standard of ACA paddlesport education throughout the U.S. and several foreign countries.
- Created the International Paddlesport Ambassador Program. Read more about Dave Burden's efforts on behalf of paddlesports in the Middle East here.
- Unveiled a brand new ACA insurance program for paddlesport outfitters, liveries, and guides.
- Continued to provide safe and enjoyable paddlesports opportunities for youth nationwide. For example, the ACA recently partnered with the Boy Scouts of America to introduce a new Stand Up Paddleboarding Award for scouts.
- And that's not all. Please visit our website to find out more about the ACA's ongoing initiatives in education, stewardship, competition, recreation, and more.
Do you want to help the ACA continue its important work on behalf of paddlesports? Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the ACA National Office. We're always happy to hear from you!
Thanks for your support.