Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Contest!


This Valentine's Day, break up with your disposable plastic water bottle for good! Think of it as a Valentine's Day gift to yourself. 

We've even pre-drafted the break up letter for you: 


Dear Disposable Plastic Water Bottle, 

Look, we both knew this day was coming. We've been together now for (length of time) and let's face it--you just aren't (adjective) enough for me. 

You're a drain on my wallet, full of BPA and (noun), and I can't even count the number of times I've found you on the beach just acting trashy with your friends. I hate the way you (verb), and all my friends think you are (adjective).

Good things are built to last, and this relationship isn't one of them. You poison me with your use-and-toss mentality. That's why I'm (verb ending in -ing) you for good.

It's over. I'm moving on to a greener future full of (something sustainably awesome).

Don't call me. 

Bye,

(Your signature)


Simply copy and paste this letter into an email, fill in the blanks, and then send it to us at clloyd@americancanoe.org. 

Be creative! We'll choose our favorite submission on Friday afternoon and the winner will receive a Klean Kanteen water bottle and one of the new ACA Paddle Green Bags! 

Need some inspiration? Check out this infographic, and learn more about how we can work together to keep ALL kinds of marine debris (plastic water bottles included) out of our waterways!


Now THAT'S how you paddle green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment