Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What Makes You Boat?


Paddling is very important to many people around the world. It brings people together through mutual experiences and a shared love. It important to recognize why we boat and face the challenges that boating brings us. Here is an excerpt from a blog by Sarah Ruhlen that addresses this subject.

"It's why I'm here. I will not be complacent. I can't be indifferent to this thing, these rivers and mountains, these people, have composed me. I am their symphony, whether they are aware of writing me or not. Their presence frees me of regret, frees me to love myself with no particular struggle. How could I not, when I find so much of them in my reflection?"

To read her full blog post, please follow this link: "What am I doing here?" 

For information about the ACA and to register for classes, please follow: www.americancanoe.org


No comments:

Post a Comment