ACA Chief Operating Officer Chris Stec, along with Russell Farrow of Sweetwater Kayaks and members of the ACA Florida Executive Council, are currently attending the Florida Boating Advisory Council meeting in Crystal River, FL.
The ACA is routinely asked to speak on paddlesport-related public policy issues at both the state and federal level. In this case, the FL Fish and Wildlife Commission asked us to attend the BAC meeting to talk about a range of paddlesport topics. This BAC meeting is focused on human powered recreation.
Some of the topics Chris Stec plans to address during the meeting include:
- Nationwide Paddlesport Participation Statistics
- Paddlesport Fatality Data
- Pros and Cons from other states in regards to boat/board registration
- The ‘knowledge based’ and ‘on-water based’ Standard Development Programs
- The leash/lifejacket debate associated with Stand Up Paddleboards
|Russell Farrow (Sweetwater Kayaks) & Chris Stec (ACA).|
Main FL BAC Website - http://myfwc.com/boating/advisory-council/
BAC Meeting Agenda & Minutes - http://myfwc.com/boating/advisorycouncil/meetings/