Friday, August 5, 2016

Congratulations to our August Instructor of the Month, Gil Hidalgo!



The ACA is proud to partner with Kokatat for the ACA Instructor of the Month recognition program. Instructor of the Month award recipients are featured in our Paddle eMagazine and across ACA social media channels. They also receive some complimentary Kokatat gear.


Congratulations to August Instructor of the Month, Gil Hidalgo!


"I grew up surrounded by water. Born in Ponce, Puerto Rico and raised in a US Navy base in south Spain; Charleston, South Carolina; and Puerto Rico, it was inevitable that water would be a big part of my life. From scuba diving to surfing, I was always on the water. I was known to skip college to go fishing regularly. It wasn’t until early 2006 when I started kayak fishing that I traded my surfboard, snorkel and motorcycles and eventually, fishing poles, to dedicate all my free time to paddlesports. It’s possible one day I will trade my profession of professional photographer and live only to paddle. Paddlesports has become my healthy obsession. The rougher the water the more I enjoy it."
- Gil Hidalgo, ACA Instructor

Read the rest of our interview with Gil in the September issue of Paddle - coming soon!



Do you know an excellent instructor who deserves recognition? Fill out this simple form to submit a nomination for the next Instructor of the Month.

You can view a list of previous Instructor of the Month awards recipients here.

Thanks to our friends at Kokatat for sponsoring this program.


No comments:

Post a Comment