Monday, December 7, 2009

From the Executive Director

James River in downtown RichmondA few days ago Virginia saw snow for the first time this fall. I don’t get a chance to paddle as often as I would like, but the snow reminded me, how much more I need to rely on my skills and knowledge of safety preparations should I choose to paddle on unfamiliar water trails in this cold climate.

Well, the ACA and many not-for-profit companies as a whole seem to be paddling in unfamiliar economic waters, and it is in these times I would like to strengthen our relationship with the paddling community. Any good boating trip takes planning, and as the ACA plans to venture through these tough times I would like to reach out to the communities we serve. I would like to know how we can better serve your region, your community, your club, your family, or you as an individual. Many of you are familiar with our skilled staff and know how we’re dedicated to serve you.

Please feel free to let us know via, this blog, a letter, e-mail, or phone call what we can do to enhance your paddling experience.

Just as the snow always dissipates, the tough economic climate too will pass. Together we will navigate these tough waters and we will emerge as a stronger ACA.

Wade Blackwood
Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment