Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tribute to Wayne Dickert






On June 30th, Wayne Dickert will be leaving NOC to become the Pastor at Bryson City United Methodist Church.


This Saturday, join 22 Olympians and paddlers from across the country at the Nantahala Outdoor Center to celebrate one of the most influential and well-liked individuals in the paddlesports world.

Wayner joined the ACA in 1981 and NOC a few years later. He has been one of the premier Instructor Trainers in both canoe and kayak in the country.

Re-blogged from NOC's Blog:

Q: What’s your favorite part of paddling?

A: Teaching Beginners. I enjoy seeing beginners fall in love with the sport. I even like it better than working with advanced paddlers who know what they’re doing. I’ve always liked the beginners the best.


Q: What’s your favorite river?(It’s got to be the Ocoee right?)

A: Well, yeah the Ocoee would be there because it’s been such a big part of my life: I got married there, started working and paddling there and competed in the Olympics there, but my favorite river is the Tallulah actually. It’s just so beautiful and the rapids are so fun.

Learn more about this remarkable individual...

Thanks Wayner for all you've done!...and will continue to do.

All the best,
The ACA

1 comment:

  1. Keep us updated about this I would like to hear more on this topic!

    ReplyDelete